COVID-19 UPDATE 16th March 2020
Direct link for updated information may be found here: http://swordfight.uk/COVID-19/
The current government advice about the coronavirus is that:
- sports clubs and venues should stay open and continue running activities with small class sizes, and to make sure everything is as clean as possible;
- you should feel able to continue attending sports clubs and activities without worrying too much UNLESS you are suffering symptoms (in which case stay at home), and make sure everything is as clean as possible.
AHF CLUB RESPONSE
The Academy of Historical fencing will continue training as per the government advice concerning the Coronavirus COVID-19. Due to the serious nature of the COVID-19 outbreak we are enacting the following additional rules and conditions to training with the AHF.
- If you are feeling unwell and have any of the symptoms of coronavirus then please stay at home and begin self-isolation.
- If you are feeling well and come to a session, and begin to develop symptoms during the session, please speak to the instructors immediately.
- If you or someone you live with or see regularly is immuno-compromised in any way, or has underlying health problems (especially respiratory issues), or have regular contact with the elderly or other immuno-compromised or vulnerable people, please stay at home.
- When you arrive at the training location, please use the provided facilities to thoroughly clean your hands each time you enter and exit the building.
- Bring your own water.
- You will need to wear gloves on both hands (of any sort, even cheap gardening gloves will be fine) when handling any club equipment, performing drills or sparring.
- No sharing of equipment other than designated loaner gear.
- All physical contact during the session is to be avoided. No grappling, punching, floor work etc.
Public Health England – what you need to know (updated daily):
Government publication – Stay at home guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection: